Manufacturing Team Leader
Manufacturing Team Leader
TRC Group are recruiting a Manufacturing Team Leader to join a market leader in design & manufacturing of industrial cleaning equipment and systems based in Northallerton.
- Efficiently and effectively co-ordinate, lead, execute and improve manufacturing / fabricating activities, processes and teams in the fabrication, assembly, inspection and testing of industrial wash equipment to defined build procedures, engineering specifications and standards to meet customer and business quality, cost and delivery targets.
- Co-ordinate and control documentation ensuring it is available, adhered to and completed correctly by the team.
- Work to clearly defined goals with respect to safety, quality, efficiency and delivery.
- Team leadership including; resource, time \ attendance management, daily task allocation, control and management.
- Identify, execute and control resource requirements and processes including recruitment, appraisals, development, overtime and disciplinary activities to ensure the correct levels are available with the required skills sets to meet the needs of the business.
- Support in the training and development of new personnel and the team to ensure they have the right skill set to meet the needs of the business.
- Ensure all work & time is recorded appropriately through the required system by all team members. • Provide timely feedback to managers on any quality, technical, and or delivery issues that arise. • Execute team briefs and maintain \ update team KPI’s , data, build and team boards.
- Adhere to general housekeeping and 5S rules ensuring the team always maintain a clean, tidy and organised working environment.
- Attend functional and business meetings as required and support other departments in order to meet Company objectives.
- 2-3 years’ experience of working as a Team Leader \ Supervisor in an industrial product manufacturing and supply environment.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications.
- Ability to lead a small team of cell leaders & technicians to deliver product on time to the right quality, cost standards.
- Proven leadership ability, supporting individual, team and organisational change, keeping the organisations vision, mission and values at the forefront of decision-making and action, willing to collaborate with others.
- Ability to work under pressure, within tight deadlines, with flexible approach to working hours and a motivated team player.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships and engagement with internal \ external teams, stakeholders and customers.
- Process driven, detailed and solutions orientated, with experience of working in a formal, continuous improvement culture and understanding of lean manufacturing tools techniques (5S \ TPM \ Std Work \ Line Balancing)
- Strong effective decision making, organisational, time management, communication and IT skill. • Excellent logical reasoning, root cause analysis, deductive problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Contribute to productivity and morale by communicating problems promptly to management and by assisting members of immediate, and wider teams, when required, to the best of job holder’s abilities.
- Identify improvements and cost reduction opportunities, supporting and participating in lean and continuous improvement activities.
- Communicate effectively with management and other staff in order to improve morale and teamwork as well as better understanding of, and progress towards overall Company goals.
- Occasionally as is required work extra hours to meet business deadlines.
- Complete as is required by the Manager and/or Company activities to ensure the smooth running of the Business where such duties are appropriate to the grade and/or position of the job holder.
- Full and current UK driving license
Hours, Salary & Benefits:
- 40 Hours per week
- Circa £35K Per year, DOE
- 20 Days annual leave
Click apply today & a member of the team will contact you back.