Circa £35K per year DOE
TRC Group are recruiting a design engineer to join a market leader in design & manufacturing of industrial cleaning equipment and systems based in North Allerton
- Efficient and effective in the design and development of products inline with company processes that comply with customer, stakeholder and regulatory requirements for safety, quality, performance, cost and delivery.
- Generate accurate equipment and component drawings to detail, along with information to support the manufacturing processes.
- Create product data including technical specifications, technical construction files, bills of material and bills of process.
- Provide technical and engineering support to customers and the business both on-site and remotely via telephone and/or email communication to address enquiries and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Work to clearly defined goals.
- Provide timely feedback to management on any technical or quality issues that arise.
- Ensure all manufacturing, QHSE and business documentation is completed accurately to the required standard in a timely manner.
- Adhere to general housekeeping and 5S rules ensuring a clean, tidy and organised working environment is maintained at all times.
- Attend functional and business meetings as required and support other departments in order to meet Company objectives.
- 2-3 years’ experience of working as a Design Engineer in an industrial product manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of design processes including; New Product Development (NPD), Design for Manufacture (DFM), Design for Service (DFS) and Change Management Control.
- Knowledge and understanding of CE marking including the Machinery Directive, Technical Construction File (FCF) and safety standards requirements.
- Experience of using design soft packages, preferably Solidworks, 2D Draughting and PDM packages.
- Ability to work under pressure, within tight deadlines, with flexible approach to working hours and a motivated team player.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships and engagement with internal \ external teams, stakeholders and customers.
- Process driven, detailed and solutions orientated, with experience of working in a formal, continuous improvement culture and understanding of lean manufacturing tools techniques.
- Strong effective decision making, organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent logical reasoning, root cause analysis, deductive problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Good communication & IT skills
- Full and current UK driving license
Hours, Salary & Benefits:
- 40 Hours per week
- Circa £35K Per year, DOE
- 25 Days annual leave
Click apply today & a member of the team will contact you back.