TRC Group are recruiting for Driver Technician to work for one of the UK's leading medical equipment suppliers on a temp to perm contract.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Delivering, Collecting and installing disability equipment to client’s homes,
hospitals and Health Centres.
- Driving a large van and completing fully all of the mandatory vehicle checks on a daily basis including cleanliness inside and out.
- Loading equipment in the van in a safe manner and strapping down where appropriate
- Multiple deliveries daily, some of which can be heavy and may include beds etc
- Providing polite, empathetic and client focused service, taking into account that clients may be bereaved, angry or vulnerable and some houses may be in a poor state of repair or dirty
- Understanding and demonstrating the correct functionality and safe installation of items, identifying repair and replace and damaged or faulty stock
- Being able to identify and report immediately any perceived safeguarding issues to your line manager
- Undertake risk assessments on activities relating to themselves, modifications and fabrications prior to undertaking any work/duties, and should they believe that there be a risk of injury to any person then they should seek further instruction – at all costs clients should not be put at risk.
- Adhering stringently to company processes especially around loading and unloading of equipment
- Use of a scanner to complete jobs, competent in adding notes/comments onto the scanner to keep prescribers and the depot fully informed of the days progress.
- Adhering to timeslots and liaising with service users if this is not possible.
- Being on call on a rotational basis receiving enhanced allowance during this period.
- Ensuring a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance and general cleanliness to comply with statutory and Company regulations, wearing company uniform.
- GSCE Maths & English minimum grade C or equivalent
- Demonstrably safe driving.
- Full UK Driving Licence and have been driving for minimum of 3 years and maximum of 3 points.
- 21 years old minimum
- Ability to navigate and drive a large van
- Minimum of 1 year in a Public, Healthcare or serviced based industry role is desirable
- Physically fit due to nature of work.
To be considered for the role you must have a valid DBS or be willing to undertake one and a driving assessment.
Please apply directly through this ad or give us a call on 0113 457 4760. For a faster turnaround, please download and register with our recruitment app. Search 'The Recruitment Crowd' in the App Store or Play Store today,