£17.00 - £17.50ph
7 Hour Shifts
My client who has an OUTSTANDING CQC reputation across their services, are looking for a day Nurse to join their team. The Nursing Home currently has an excellent staff structure and also, a very minimal staff turnover meaning there will always be a minimum of two Nurses on shift at during the day.Accountable to the Clinical Manager / General Manager the RGN’s role is to support the Clinical Manager in all aspects of care and daily operation of the Home. To ensure standard of care is maintained at all times and to communicate effectively with residents, their representatives and all professionals from the wider community. To adhere to all policies and procedures of the Home and Registration Authorities. To adhere to the professional codes of conduct.Main Duties· Should be able to work on your own or within a team in a nursing home environment for elderly.
· Assess, implement and evaluate resident’s care needs/problems as necessary.
· Delegate duties to junior staff/carers and others, whilst prioritising workload for the shift and work as a team with other staff in delivering a high standard of direct care of residents.
· Provide necessary support and instructions to junior staff and supervise them as necessary.
· Take overall control of safekeeping/storage and administration of medication.
· Monitor patient progress, administer medicines, apply surgical dressings, and give any other forms of treatment.
· Report to Clinical Manager concerning matters affecting the normal running of the Home or any other matters relating to staff misconduct.
· Assist management in smooth and efficient running of nursing home & ensure adherence to Company Policies.
· Request GP visits on behalf of residents as deemed necessary and liaise with Social Workers, CQC & other professionals from the wider community in a professional manner.
· Assist medical doctors, deal with emergencies, and prepare patients for examination.
· Maintain a friendly and homely environment for residents and all visitors.
· Participate in meetings and other discussions, undertake courses/training aiming to continuously improve standard of care for the residents.
· Show awareness of materials/equipment cost and avoid unnecessary wastage and misuse of other resources.
· Plan duty rotas organise and direct work training of care and nursing staff.
· To perform any other such duties that may be required.PLEASE NOTE, TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, YOU NEED TO HAVE AN ACTIVE NMC WITHOUT RESTRICTIONS.
If this role sounds like it could be for you, please get in touch with us on 0113 457 3760 or apply directly. You can also view all of our live roles directly on our mobile app. Search 'The Recruitment Crowd' on the App Store or Play Store!
Up to £17.50 per hour