Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
£11 - £15 per hour
4 months ago
Job Type: Temp - Perm
Pay Rate: £11 - £15 (depending on experience)
Shifts: Day Shifts
Reporting to the Production Manager this role is responsible for the efficient production of furniture within the Production department working as part of the Upholstery team. The role predominantly revolves around assembling chairs & tables by compiling the specified foam, fabric, wood and other accessories to the required design with emphasis on maintaining high quality throughout the process.
- Upholster fabric & foam to wooden frames and boards as per specification and methodology for each piece of furniture within the required time and to the highest possible quality using staples and glue where necessary.
- Attach required foam and webbing to wooden frames as per specification and methodology using staples or glue where necessary.
- Inspect all fabric, frames and accessories as they are used and highlight ALL defects to the Production Manager or in his absence to the QC Inspector. All defects are to be rectified where possible or replaced if not possible.
- Ensure all alterations / repairs are carried out promptly and swiftly when requested by the Quality Inspector or Production Manager.
- Ensure that the fabric, frame and accessories match the information on the production ticket to ensure the correct furniture is assembled & upholstered. Any discrepancy is to be reported to the Production Manager immediately.
- Always ensure that the work area and work bench being worked upon is kept clean and tidy at all times. Tools and equipment should not be placed upon the work bench when furniture is being worked upon.
- Ensure all jobs are recorded on the daily work sheet with relevant times being entered in the correct columns.
- When attending work, either on or off site always ensure the Company work wear provided is worn and that PPE provided is worn when required
- Quality driven and a fine eye for detail.
- Punctual & reliable.
- Flexible in all aspects of work to include tasks, location and / or hours.
- Previous experience of working in upholstery (minimum 2 years)
- Good knowledge of fabric, foam and wood used in upholstering and the technicalities of furniture assembly .
- Ability to follow detailed written instructions based on quality specifications is essential.
- Minimum of 2 years upholstery experience is required