Leeds, West Yorkshire
£23000 - £27000 per annum + Bonus, Pension & Extras
9 months ago
We are recruiting for an experienced Sales Team Leader into our expanding contact centre. With a starting salary of up to £27,000, a generous bonus package and a comprehensive benefits package to meet lifestyle needs.
The successful candidate will have a strong track record of effectively managing and maximising the performance of a sales team within a contact centre environment. You will have the integrity required to work in a regulated environment and the excellent communication skills necessary to succeed in this role.
Key Purpose of Post
To effectively manage and maximise the performance of a team of New Business Sales Executives, supporting the Head of New Business to deliver against operational plans, strategies and business objectives.
Providing effective feedback, coaching, training and support, to ensure continuous development of New Business Sales Executives and achievement of all New Business targets, KPI's, quality and compliance measures.
Key Duties/ Responsibilities
- To clearly communicate team and individual sales targets, monitoring and resolving performance issues to ensure all targets are met.
- To motivate, coach, support and develop team members through daily meetings, monthly 1 to 1's and formal coaching sessions ensuring they are highly driven and focused on their own performance, thus enabling them to maximise their contribution and achieve their potential, with the desire to outperform.
- To produce timely and accurate management information, regarding all aspects of team performance. Producing detailed actions plans to demonstrate work undertaken to improve individual and team performance.
- To analyse and interpret management information, identifying trends and proactively recommending solutions and improvements.
- To ensure that all team members meet the required standards for quality and compliance through creating and maintaining a quality and compliance culture by providing timely feedback from all quality audits and compliance monitoring, with clear actions in place for improvement.
- To ensure adherence in respect of rules and requirement of FCA, DPA and all other legal and regulatory bodies relevant to own role.
- To work closely with the Recruitment and Training Manager to ensure all New Business Sales Executives receive adequate training and development relevant to their role, to enable them to perform to the best of their ability, including any refresher training.
- To work with the Head of New Business to support succession planning and career development and progression for staff at all levels.
- To have a good understanding of and take ownership of HR practices and procedures relevant to own role, in order to effectively manage the team in a fair and consistent manner, and where necessary use informal and formal procedures to ensure required improvements are achieved.
- To develop and appraise staff using the agreed internal appraisal system, ensuring all staff have clearly defined objectives and up to date and relevant development plans.
- To use effective incentive schemes to promote and encourage team spirit and team competition.
- To lead by example and ensure that appropriate levels of behaviour in the office are demonstrated by team members at all times.
- To work with and support the Head of New Business on internal project work, including but not limited to process and procedural changes, to ensure continuous improvement for the overall department and business.
- Through positive and regular communication build and maintain effective relationships with all other key areas of the business.