£40000 - £50000 per annum + Car, Phone, Expense Acct & more
11 months ago
Sprinkler Design & Project engineer required for a level 4 sprinkler company.
A well established and respected company is continuing to expand nationwide. We are searching for someone who is capable of running some of their most prestigious sites in the south of England. You'll be based from home with a full office set up provided and travel to sites across the region to help keep the projects on track including designing to LPCB FHC standards & Global FM Standards.
The company already has a network of contractors that have proven to provide excellent standards of work and have been reliable for years. They also have a fully qualified design team based in their head office in Yorkshire.
There is a good mix of projects from small works up to large scale projects, so there's always something new for you to do.
The long term plan will be setting up an office in the region so if you are motivated to progress in your career you can help shape the team around you.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience and could be anything from £40,000 to £60,000 plus a generous benefits package including car, phone, laptop, home office, expense account, pension, mileage etc.
▪ A good overview and understanding of all aspects of sprinkler systems and design
▪ Knowledge of LPCB, BSEN 12845, BS 9251, NFPA and FM Global regulations
▪ All 3No LPCB exams are required;Basic Design Competency; Intermediate Design; Full Hydraulic Calculation; Testing and Commission (preferred but not mandatory)
A good knowledge of relevant software will be essential including AutoCAD, you must have good communication skills and be able to work well as part of a team. You will have a proven track record of your commercial skills and a good understanding of contracting/project delivery.
The ideal candidate will be a hard working, self-motivated induividual with an attention to detail.
Part of the role will be completing site visits/surveys where required as well as project & design meetings inhouse and on site with clients. So experience in a client facing role is a must have.
▪ Help with LPCB compliance and general inhouse design principles
▪ New work winning and sales (eventually with inhouse support/training)
▪ Estimating (eventually with inhouse support/training)
▪ You would be expected to come to our main office in Yorkshire for 1 day every 2 weeks (or more if required although it's not our intention to have you there for more than 1 day once your bedding in/induction period is completed)