Up to £14775 per annum + £663 Area Allowence
7 months ago
Senior Residential Care Worker
Competative salary + Excellent benefits which includes 9 weeks holiday!
TRC are looking for caring a passionate individuals for a small residential unit that looks after young people ranging for 8-19 who all have Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The role includes supporting young people with all activities and encouraging them to build on life skills.
What you'll be doing
- assist in the assessment of individuals with autism to enable them to develop talents and ensure needs or difficulties are identified to meet their full potential.
- Provide required support to the individual with autism which ensures the maintenance of an environment which is as safe and hygienic as possible and appropriate to their needs
- apply appropriate agreed Intervention as specified in support care plans, and procedure techniques, for the protection & safety of the individual with autism, others & environment.
- support the individual with autism to access health services appropriate to their needs as specified in their care plan.
- participate in all meetings as required and make a positive contribution to them.
What you'll need
- To have enthusiasm and a positive attitude towards supporting people with autism to lead independent and fulfilling lives
- Ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with different people using a variety of appropriate methods, including a good standard of written and spoken English
- Ability to form and maintain effective working relationships as part of a team
- An ability to be patient, caring and sensitive
- An interest in and a basic understanding of autism
- Previous experience of supporting/ caring for others in a voluntary or paid capacity (desirable)
- To have or be willing to work towards a Level 3 Award in Health and Social Care or equivalent
- Full driving license (desirable)
Does this sound like the role for you? If so then please apply with an up to date CV & our team will be in touch to discuss the role in more detail!