Up to £50,000 p.a.
about 2 months ago
Senior Controls Engineer
Up to £50,000 p.a.
Based in Bradford
As a Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the production of detailed design information on a range of product types, as part of our second line engineering process. You will form a key member of the design team to provide support to both pre- and post-sales functions.
You will take sales estimation proposals and develop them into mature solutions ready to be handed over to the projects team.
The design information will require a thorough review of the scope of works, specification compliance and will entail the production of detailed general arrangement and electrical schematics(2D & 3D) alongside the production of a corresponding BOM.
- Proven engineer with significant experience in the design, installation and commissioning of control systems within the HVAC industry.
- Experience with Trend and Tridium preferable (training provided)
- Zelio knowledge
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and develop a business plan to re-build our controls department.
- Take ownership in developing designs to an agreed specification, including the key measures of meeting deadlines, meeting design criteria, liaising with suppliers.
- Develop Designs for projects from initial enquiry, updated costings, BOMs (Bill of Materials) and process methods throughout.
- Create a Description of Operations and Controls Drawings.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-discipline engineering team consisting of ventilation, building services, refrigeration, acoustic and control engineers to develop complex product solutions.
- To manage the day to day organisation of works within the electrical/controls department and the installation wiring to HVAC units to ensure customer’s requirements are met and projects are delivered on time.
- Manage – Motivate and measure how each member of your respective team are performing inline with their objectives.
- To set daily/weekly/monthly objectives for their department.
- To liaise with and co-operate with other departmental supervisors to maintain an efficient workflow and working practices.
- Design and development of the company’s control solutions in accordance with correct regulation, guidelines and good working practice.
- Development of control strategies for the company's ranges of HVAC Products.
- To provide technical support in the design and manufacturing process.
- To maintain a high level of quality in accordance with company policies.
- To attend meetings as requested and provide reports (where required)
- Working in accordance with industry procedures and legislation.
- Mentoring and developing junior members of the design, commissioning and assembly staff
- Liaising with customers and supporting both pre and post-sales teams.
- Generation of sales estimations (where required)
- Providing technical support and training to internal and external customers.
- Assisting with the design and testing of new products.
- Scheduling and programming of commissioning.
- Maintaining departmental financial report and company CRM information.
- Testing and commissioning control systems for AHU’s, fans and refrigeration equipment.
- Carry out all functional and operational aspects of the commissioning process in compliance with company procedures, and to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Final balance test and commission of on-site equipment.
- Fault finding and diagnosis, followed by corrective actions.
- Accurate and timely completion of commissioning certificates.
For more info or to apply, contact Chelsea on 0113 457 3760 / email@example.com