Calderdale, West Yorkshire
£10.92 - £13.01 per hour + Excellent Benefits
30 days ago
Salary: £10.92 - £12.75 per hour based on experience (plus a sleep in allowance of £50 per shift).
NOTE: This increases to £11.18-£13.01 per hr from 01.04.19.
What do you need?
- Experience/Qualifications: Level 3 in Caring for Children and Young People (or equivalent)
- 3-4 years residential experience.
- Must be able to drive & have access to a car
- A Caring and passionate nature
What does the role involve?
- In conjunction with the Registered Manager & QA Manager, ensure the highest standards of care and support is evidenced at all times through internal quality assurance processes, Regulation 33 / 34 inspections, OFSTED inspections and Local Authority Compliance visits.
- Assist Y/P's to realise their full potential in terms of the 5 outcomes of Every Child Matters (2004 C.A.) & Help Children Achieve More initiatives
- Ensure all policies and procedures are fully implemented.
- Work with Registered Manager at appropriate intervals to monitor and address staff performance via the performance management process.
- Assist in the management and be directly accountable for an allocated weekly budget
- Assist in the implementation of all designated areas of the children's care plan in accordance with LAC or other reviews.
- Be responsible and accountable for prescribed and non-prescribed medication in accordance with requirements directed by GP / Health Practitioner
- Conduct and / or ensure risk assessments are carried out in respect of any activity undertaken by the young person or staff in relation to their duties.
- Ensure that all records are properly monitored and maintained in conjunction with organisational requirements, data protection, freedom of information, human rights legislation and regulation.
- Utilise own transport (car driver) in order to transport/support young people to and from family contact, school, health appointments etc.
- Attend Residential Management meetings and contribute to the strategic planning, review and development of the organisation
- Provide out of hours cover on a rota basis to offer appropriate management support as necessary
- Deputise for the Registered Manager in their absence and carry out all other duties as deemed necessary to ensure the highest standards of care at all times.
For further information please contact TRC on 0113 457 3760!