Leeds, West Yorkshire
£50000.00 - £65000 per annum
12 months ago
The Principal Engineer is key to the successful delivery of products and services within my client. As well as having technical expertise in many disciplines, the Principal Engineer will work in the following areas:
- Take a leading role in the architecture for our products and services. This must focus on enabling them to scale, be performant and maintain security at all times.
- Ensure best practise by working with the developers to document and measure coding standards within the team.
- Manage and configure static code analysis tools and measure the quality of coding standards as part of the build process.
- Work closely with the product team to qualify ideas and provide due diligence for development requirements as well as high level estimates that help to build a long-term roadmap.
- Refinement and presentation of planned architecture as well as offering advice and leadership on new architecture to follow when tasking out user stories.
- Carry out vital Research & Development and prototyping of new technologies and techniques.
- Mentor and train junior members of staff, working with the CTO on development plans for the team.
- Work within the development team on the development of new products, features and services.
- Improve efficiency and streamline the development process, in order to increase our measurement of quality.
- Work closely with the Lead QA and infrastructure manager to continue our move towards Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery process.
- Working with modern cloud-based infrastructure environments such as AWS to introduce infrastructure as code and automated code pipelines.
Your skills and attributes:
- Expert knowledge in Ruby and Ruby on Rails, preferably from version 3.2 and above.
- Expert knowledge in MySQL and the development of highly performant queries using the Entity Framework.
- Experience developing micro services architecture applications on scalable cloud infrastructure such as AWS.
- Leadership skills with demonstrable experience in mentoring and leading agile development teams.
- Experience developing code for highly available business critical software hosted in public cloud.
- Demonstrable skills around secure coding standards and practices.
- Knowledge and experience of developing coding standards and measuring these through the implementation of static code analysis and non-functional testing techniques.
- Demonstrable experience of agile working practices, Continuous Integration, GIT Flow, Capistrano, modern development patterns and practices.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Development in Responsive Web sites.
- Native iOS and Android technologies.
- Knowledge and experience of Non-Functional Testing, AWS, Jira, MongoDB, RSpec.