Tyne and Wear, England
£0.00 - £33000.00 per annum
8 months ago
Onsite Service Technician - Lifting Equipment
Tyne and Wear
Salary up to £33000 plus benefits
Working hours are fixed on a four-week pattern.
My client is a well-established manufacturer or cranes and lifting equipment, well established and with a global presence they continue to dominate their sector.
They are currently looking to add to their team and are looking to recruit a high calibre, experienced Onsite Electrical Engineer to repair, maintain and service customers' lifting equipment plus installation, testing and certification of overhead cranes and hoists.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- You will be responsible for performing preventative maintenance and repairs on electric overhead travelling cranes.
- Consulting with customers on repair and safety related issues.
- Generating sales leads during service call.
- Completing appropriate documentation.
What our client is requires in a candidate:
- You must be apprentice-trained or equivalent and fully conversant with electrical engineering disciplines
- Experience is working with 415v ac 3 phase motor contactor control circuits both squirrel cage and wound rotor.
- A good understanding of 110/48 volt relay and contactor circuits.
- Some frequency speed control device experience.
- Experience is working on medium to large drive couplings, brakes and reduction gearboxes.
- Experience with overhead cranes and hoists is preferred, full product training will be given however.
- Willingness to work rostered day shift [pattern) 5 days out of 7 (39 hours over 5 days)
- Be willing to work one weekend in every month
- Strong interpersonal skills as there is extensive customer contact
- Hold a current driving licence
An attractive package is on offer with basic salary to £30000 plus benefits etc, also our client can offer the career advancement opportunities you would expect from a major, multinational business.
If you would be interested in the role please apply ASAP as our client is looking to interview as soon as possible.