£30,000 - £35,000
11 days ago
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,000.00 to £35,000.00 /year
The Recruitment Crowd are currently looking for a Manufacturing Engineer based in the Northallerton area.
To lead, develop, improve and execute manufacturing engineering activities and processes with the focus on standardisation, lean manufacturing, continuous improvement and the reduction of variation and elimination of waste and non-value-added activities in the business.
- Standardise, document, train and audit manufacturing processes and methods.
- Develop, train and implement lean manufacturing and best practice tools and techniques across all production areas.
- Lead and facilitate manufacturing problem-solving activities.
- Validate new products and design changes in manufacturing.
- Identify and execute manufacturing cost down, efficiency and effectiveness improvements
- Support in the training and development of new personnel and the team to ensure they have the right skill set to meet the needs of the business.
- Ensure all work & time is recorded appropriately through the required system by all team members.
- Provide timely feedback to managers on any quality, technical, and or delivery issues that arise.
- Work to clearly defined goals with respect to safety, quality, efficiency and delivery.
- Adhere to general housekeeping and 5S rules ensuring the team always maintain a clean, tidy and organised working environment.
- Attend functional and business meetings as required and support other departments in order to meet company objectives.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed by the team members.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 2-3 years’ experience of working as Manufacturing Engineer in product design, manufacture and supply environment.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications.
- Proven leadership ability, supporting individual, team and organisational change, keeping the organisation's vision, mission and values at the forefront of decision-making and action, willing to collaborate with others.
- Ability to work under pressure, within tight deadlines, with a flexible approach to working hours and a motivated team player.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships and engagement with internal \ external teams, stakeholders and customers.
- Process-driven, detailed and solutions orientated, with experience of working in a formal, continuous improvement culture and understanding of lean manufacturing tools techniques (5S \ TPM \ Std Work \ Line Balancing)
- Strong effective decision making, organisational, time management, communication and IT skill.
- Excellent logical reasoning, root cause analysis, deductive problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Full and current UK driving license
If you're interested please call Chelsea Robson 0113 457 3760 or send her your CV firstname.lastname@example.org