Guiseley, West Yorkshire
£25 - £30 per annum
8 months ago
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £25k - 30k
Shifts: 6am-2pm / 2pm-10pm
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a loom technician / overlooker, working for a long standing and well established textiles mill based in Leeds.
- To ensure that looms run to efficiency for the fabric style being produced.
- Manage and maintain a share of looms and help where needed if needed on others.
- Set up looms ready for the weaving process.
- To ensure the general maintenance of the looms - in response to breakdowns and in line with the preventative maintenance program.
- To maintain all safety aspects of the looms i.e. all control buttons, safety guards.
- To monitor spare parts stock levels and report back to the weaving manager any requirement.
- To document any repairs/adjustments carried out to looms on the work carried out/parts fitted record sheet on each loom.
- To make routine inspections of all the loom.
- To identify and rectify faults diagnosed at the perch/mending.
- To ensure that a high standard of housekeeping is maintained within the weaving areas.
This company are looking for someone with a strong textiles background within overlooking, ideally working on Dornier looms, who takes pride in the quality of their work.
This role will be working on double day shift (6am-2pm / 2pm -10pm) and the salary will be dependent on experience.
This is a permanent role so will suit someone who is forward thinking and looking for a long term / settled career at a well known company, that truly care about their employees.
If this sounds like you please apply today or ring Ryan on 0113 457 3760 (or 07884 551932 outside the hours of 8.00am to 5.30pm)