£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + Benefits
7 months ago
Lead PHP Developer
Location: Home Counties
This role is a full-time, permanent position, offering a salary of £60,000 - £70,000 + Benefits
Monday - Friday 9am - 5.30pm
My client, a multi-award winning technology business and is looking is looking for a Lead PHP Developer to take ownership of new PHP applications, using a combination of Laravel and the latest industry standards.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology, living and breathing what they do. Always looking to expand their own knowledge, whilst being willing to lead and mentor those more junior in the team.
About the Lead PHP Developer role
- Lead development of new PHP applications in one or more Agile teams.
- Help maintain, expand and modernize a small selection of existing PHP applications.
- Maintain and improve Business Rules and other documentation.
- Mentor less senior front-end team members to improve overall knowledge and skills.
- Feedback issues with team and process to Head of Technology. Maintain and improve system and technical documentation.
- Collaborate across the business to understand commercial requirements.
- Work with other developers in Agile teams to create new features and functionality.
- Participate fully in sprint planning, retrospectives and other Scrum ceremonies.
- Follow best practices to ensure stability and security of company systems.
- Identify coding ef?ciency opportunities.
Responsibilities for the Lead PHP Developer
- Strong PHP skills (7.x.), including the use of PHP Unit Building applications using the Laravel framework (5.x.)
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability Experience using data stores (MySQL / Redis)
- Agile software development experience, including Scrum and Kanban
- Source control and collaboration through pull requests with git and GitHub Solid experience working with large, consumer-facing web platforms
- Deep understanding of web browsers & mobile device differences and considerations for these Academic background in computer science or software engineering
- Excellent team-working, communication and attention-to-detail skills
- A passion for technology and the desire to keep knowledge updated Basic knowledge of working with Linux (CentOS/RHEL)
Lead PHP Developer profile
- Automated deployment using Ansible
- Nginx con?guration
- A basic understanding of either Ruby or Coldfusion
- Experience using Cloud?are, or similar CDNs (Akamai/Fastly)
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
The company also offers lots of other great perks for employees; ranging from freshly blended coffee, Friday breakfast club, private health cover, support for studying, GymFlex, a great pension scheme and much more.