£100000.00 - £150000.00 per annum + excellent benefits
5 months ago
Internal Legal Counsel
- Do you have corporate legal experience?
- Have you a financial services background with knowledge of the financial services industry?
- Do you have extensive knowledge of UK corporate law and employment law?
The Recruitment Crowd (TRC) is a recruitment agency based in Burley in Wharfedale and are proud to be a recruitment partner to a financial services company based in Essex. A growing business with an exciting, vibrant environment, they are looking to hire an Internal Legal Counsel to safeguard their reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows law guidelines and give legal advice to The Senior Management Team about all relevant issues.
You will be doing
- Give accurate and timely counsel to Senior Management
- Collaborate with Senior Management to devise efficient defence strategies
- Specify internal policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel), creating relations of trust
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company's full legal rights
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications
- Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility
- Keeping up with current changes on all relevant areas of laws and contributing to the enhancement of the knowledge base of the company's legal function
Person Specification /Skills/Education and Attributes:
- Proven experience as a legal counsel in a business environment
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information
- Outstanding communication skills
- Adaptability to the demands of working in a rapidly changing environment
- BA/BSc degree in Law (or equivalent)
Excellent salary plus benefits package