£23,000 - £27,000
3 months ago
Field Service Engineer
£23,000 - £27,000 p.a.
Based in the following areas;
- Melksham (Bridgewater/Tauton)
- Melksham (Bristol)
This is a field-based role that will require you to carry out routine maintenance and repairs on machines and customer-owned equipment. Ensuring that quality standards are always met and to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Driving License
- Previous engineering experience with forklift trucks
- Diagnosing and fixing faults with customers equipment and recording the approximate time of completion
- Reporting to the Service Coordinator
- Rectify any faults as required by the customer, ensuring that the machine is left operating in a safe condition and that the work has been carried out to the customer’s satisfaction.
- To carry out routine maintenance as directed, ensuring that all necessary service parts are
- available prior to attending customers site, all quoted work to be highlighted by liaison
- personally, with the customer.
- To liaise directly with the customers whilst on site to endeavour to obtain their agreement
- to proceed with any follow-up repairs or other work that may be required in the future.
- It may be necessary to provide verbal estimates in conjunction with the Service Manager/Supervisor.
- To submit a detailed and correctly completed Parts Requisition or, when making requests
- by phone provide sufficient information as may be required to enable parts to be obtained
- accurately and in a timely manner.
- To work mostly without supervision by using your own initiative, in a safe manner, advising your Manager if you need assistance.
- Adhering to all Health and Safety Regulations.
To keep non-recoverable and unnecessary travel time to a minimum by:
- Liaising and communicating with Service Control Department.
- Proactively participating in planning workloads.
- Establishing/maintaining an appropriate level of van stock/tooling (in conjunction with
- the Service Supervisor and/or any other Manager)
If this position is of interest to you, please contact Ben on 0113 457 3760 / firstname.lastname@example.org