Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
3 months ago
Job Title: Engineering Technician Location: Milton Keynes
Reports to: Manufacturing Team Leader
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Educated to degree/HNC level in a Mechanical/Electrical engineering discipline with a minimum of 3 years' engineering experience, within a complex high-speed production unit.
- Experienced with a multi skilled food manufacturing or FMCG environment.
- In depth knowledge of maintenance systems and processes.
- Proven knowledge and experience of initiating and implementing continuous improvements, lean manufacturing and Six sigma techniques.
- Ideally able to speak French, Italian or Spanish.
- NEBOSH qualified. (not essential)
- Strong IT skills with the ability to use Autocad.
- Carry out planned maintenance programmes and schedules recommending improvements where appropriate, to ensure efficiencies are maximised.
- Carry out line quality checks and monitor line performance data, adjusting machinery as necessary to ensure production targets are achieved and quality standards maintained.
- Carry out fault diagnosis and repair breakdowns promptly to ensure downtime is minimised.
- Analyse line efficiency, wastage and downtime data with a view to identifying areas for performance improvement.
- Operate machinery as required to ensure efficient manufacturing team working.
- Carry out all duties in accordance with safe working practices and factory hygiene standards.
- Produce detailed written reports when and where required i.e. downtime sheets and line log books.
- When identifying faulty equipments consult manufacturers manuals & read detailed mechanical exploded drawings so correct replacement parts can be ordered.
- To ensure that all machinery and equipment is installed, maintained and operated to maximise production output and efficiencies.
Attention to detail - with a real focus on accuracy, will work hard to ensure a right first-time approach and will have the ability to spot discrepancies and inaccuracies with ease.
Completer finisher - will adopt a logical and methodical approach and can be relied upon not to give up and to see jobs through from start to finish.
Problem-solver - tenacious and will use creativity, innovation and an analytical approach to exhaust all options until a satisfactory solution is found.