20 days ago
Job Type: Full time
Our client is currently looking for someone to contact and work with customers, who are overdue on paying their installment, account balance or agreed to repayment plan; supporting each customer in getting their account up to date specific to each individual’s circumstance.
- Contact customers who have failed to meet their agreed payment date, showing forbearance and support in helping them get their account up to date
- Ensure that all customer accounts are worked through thoroughly, making sure that all underwriting and previous dialogue is checked for new contact information and account instructions.
- Using all available methods to contact customers while following the Debt Collection Procedure
- Setting and keeping up to date with customer call back requests resulting fro inbound or outbound calls, following through on the agreed actions on each account on time
- Answer all inbound customer calls inclusive of supporting the customer service department and respond promptly to customer email and SMS communication where applicable
- Keep each account up to date with all communication notes being completed in full detail on the ‘dialogue’
- Assigning relevant callback requests to Team Leaders where applicable
- Support colleagues and the department throughout the duration of your shift
- Work towards achieving daily and monthly targets. This includes aiming to contact circa 60 customers per day in your first 2 months and between 70-100 customers after this time and work towards achieving the expected amount of positive outcomes per month as set by the department manager.
- Good communication skills – both verbal and written
- A compassionate and empathetic approach
- GCSE grade C or above in English and Maths is essential
- Excellent administrative skills
- Knowledge of computers and office software
- Good listening skills
- A personable approach
- Good organisational abilities
- Good numeracy and literacy
- Accuracy and good attention to detail
- The ability to stay calm under pressure
- The confidence to liaise professionally with customers and creditors
- Previous experience in a Collections or Call Centre based role
- Strong negotiation and collection skills.
- Strong customer service ethos.
- Target driven and ability to work under pressure.
- IT literate
For more information about this opportunity, please contact Matt Carrick at The Recruitment Crowd (TRC Group) on 0113 457 3760 and send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org