£40000.00 - £45000 per annum + car, pension
9 months ago
Buyer - Fresh Produce
Salary Up To £45k, car/car allowance, pension
My client is one of the market leading companies of its kind. They supply predominantly Fresh Produce into Foodservice End User. In line with the growth plans comes succession planning, therefore the path for progression is very real and carries numerous opportunities for people with the right aspirations and capabilities. Here is a superb opportunity to join their Procurement Team. You will be ultimately responsible for reducing cost of goods, you will build strong supplier partnerships to ensure sustainability, service and high product quality.
Responsibilities will include:
- Regular review of supplier performance and strategy.
- Identifying potential suppliers, visiting and meeting existing suppliers, building and maintaining relationships with them.
- Negotiating and agreeing contracts and monitoring their progress. Checking the quality of service provided.
- Evaluating bids and making recommendations based on commercial, technical, supply and quality requirements.
- Forecasting cost trends and their impact on activity. Acting on these trends.
- To engage and utilise key technical experts within the business to ensure product quality, consistency and safety.
- To be industry expert for relevant category(s), ensuring industry knowledge and market trends are captured and cascaded to relevant stakeholders.
The key performance indicators include
- Improving EBITDA
- Cost tracker measuring cost of goods and better than market inflation/deflation, which enable us to compete within the marketplace, driving NOBC and share of wallet.
- Improve working capital
- Improve availability and waste
- Build on our CSER/Sustainable sourcing position.
As an ideal candidate, you will demonstrate:
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels both internally and externally.
- Examples of negotiation and delivery of cost savings combined with a strong and logical commercial problem-solving abilities.
- Strong planning and organisational skills with excellent time management and the ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- Resilience under pressure, adapting quickly to deliver commercial results when confronted with unforeseen demands.
- Acting on your own initiative and the ability to influence senior management team and key stakeholders the value and logic of business proposals.
- A result driven method of working and a strong desire to complete and succeed at all tasks.
- A history of sound judgment in decision making and transparent thought processes.
- The highest possible professional and ethical standards at all times.
- Good administrative skills, with high attention to detail and intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint ability.
- Willingness to travel across the UK and overseas where required.
- Passion for our customers and reacting quickly to meet their needs.