Horsforth, West Yorkshire
£23000.00 - £27000 per annum + Benefits
6 months ago
3rd Line IT Technician
Basic salary up to £27,000 + benefits & potential bonus
3rd Line IT Technician Position Overview
Reporting to the Head of IT, the 3rd Line IT Technician will support the day to day running of my clients' IT infrastructure. Although the employee in this role will be based at the Leeds office they will cover all office locations remotely with some requirement to travel to other sites as and when required.
Duties & Responsibilities of the 3rd Line IT Technician
- Support the IT team, in respect of the day to day running of the IT Support desk, ensuring all work is completed in a timely manner.
- Provide an escalation point for 1st and 2nd line technical issues.
- Assist the Head of IT with the strategic direction of the department.
- Assist the Head of IT with audit response ensuring requirements are met and maintained.
- Help plan, design and implement all aspects of IT infrastructure.
- Monitor system and network performance.
- Liaise, where necessary, with our external stakeholders and manage relationships where appropriate.
- Lead special projects, when required, under the direction of the Head of IT.
- Weekly reporting of on-going and completed issues to the Head of IT.
- Act as Local Security Officer for the business, under direction of our parent company.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required.
Education & Experience required for the 3rd Line IT Technician
- Extensive and demonstrable knowledge of Citrix XenDesktop, Microsoft technologies (including Active Directory, Exchange, Azure and O365), VoIP systems; network infrastructure and security related systems.
- Recognised industry related qualifications in diverse areas.
- Experience with IT best practices, particularly in relation to IT security.
- Good standard of education with a 'C' or equivalent in Maths.
- Experience of working in a 3rd Line Support role essential.
3rd Line IT Technician Key Competencies
- Ability to pay attention to detail, multi-task effectively and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess exceptional problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Methodical with ability to organise & prioritize.
- Ability to work well individually & as part of a team.
- Problem solving skills.
- Full UK driving licence.